Personal Carer - Tallebudgera
About the role
We have opportunities for casual Personal Carers to work a variety of shifts including weekends, afternoon and night shifts.
You will provide quality care that enhances and promotes the quality of life for individuals, ensuring that the care provided is current best practice.
As an exceptional and compassionate Personal Carer you will be responsible for:
- Providing direct optimal holistic personal care and support services to residents in accordance with individual care plans;
- Participating in the development and update of care plans;
- Documenting resident care accurately and objectively on iCare;
- Modifying practice to accommodate individuality of residents and involve them and their families in the delivery of care.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- an ability to work in a team that believes it is an honour to support and enhance resident wellbeing
- your ability to maintain compassion, confidentiality and impartiality
In addition you will
- maintain a positive Federal police check
- possess a Certificate III (or higher) in Aged Care
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
St Andrews Lutheran Aged Care provides accommodation for 72 residents as well as 24 independent living units within its stunning Tallebudgera Valley setting.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.