Maintenance and Grounds Officer - Woodridge
About the Role
This is a full time position.
As Maintenance and Grounds Officer you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking day to day operations of the maintenance department in line with schedule of works;
- Undertaking projects and building and maintenance works as directed;
- Maintaining the gardens and grounds within the service as directed;
- Liaising with external professionals including contractors and trades staff as required;
- Ensuring equipment and garden materials are utilised in a responsible and safe manner; and
- Monitoring supplies of chemicals and equipment.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- experience in commercial maintenance and/or grounds keeping
- effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- enthusiasm and proactivity to undertake various maintenance tasks including small equipment and minor building repairs
- a customer service focus in maintenance services
- basic computer literacy
In addition you will
- maintain a positive Federal police check and current Australian Drivers licence
It is highly desirable you
- possess a relevant trade qualification
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any of offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Nestled within a sprawling bush setting, Trinder Park Aged Care houses more than 200 residents in retirement village, nursing home or hostel accommodation and is supported by a team of committed and caring professionals.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
LCC operates 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1350 staff and several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the below personal details and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.