Creative Programs and Volunteer Coordinator - Toowoomba
About the role
This is a full time position.
As Creative Programs and Volunteer Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a high quality, innovative and responsive creative activities (lifestyle) and arts program that provides meaningful and engaging activities for residents in all areas of the service;
- Leading and managing the Creative Programs team and all aspects of the volunteer program;
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers are engaged and motivated through consistent, empowering and effective communication;
- Recognising, seeking out and creating opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community to strengthen the creative programs and volunteer involvement in the service;
- Supporting and contributing to relevant initiatives across LCC;
- Providing sound management back-up for the programs.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective leadership and management of a team;
- superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-one;
- energy and confidence to establish strong links with others.
In addition you will
- have a passion in one or more creative areas, which includes but is not restricted to: creative writing, storytelling, music, dance and movement, and visual arts;
- bring an innovative approach to providing tailored and meaningful activities for the residents;
- be able to motivate and inspire others as well as lead and manage change;
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence.
You would also benefit from
- having led volunteers and/or having been a volunteer;
- having an affinity with older people.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Salem Lutheran Aged Care, comprising services at two separate locations in North and South Toowoomba, provides a total of 143 residential places to older Australians including a 14 room specialist dementia unit with a focus on community living and involvement.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.