Chef - Toowoomba
About the Role
This is a 12 month part time contract working 40 hours per fortnight. Applicants must also be able to provide leave coverage when required
As Chef you will be responsible for:
- Providing an innovative, varied and nourishing meal service that meets resident needs and preferences;
- Creating, presenting and serving meals in an aesthetically pleasing manner that encourages enjoyment for consumers;
- Ensuring compliance with the Food Safety Plan;
- Maintaining safe and clean work areas;
- Completing stock rotation and coordination storage of goods;
- Transporting and delivering meals across the two sites as required;
- Acting as relief Head Chef during times of leave;
- Actively contributing to the advancement of the food service.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience cooking / preparing meals for large groups of people within an aged care setting;
- experience in the operations of commercial kitchen equipment;
- experience in a cook-chill meal preparation environment;
- effective and professional interpersonal skills;
- the ability to supervise and lead a small team within the operations of a large/complex catering service with minimal direction.
In addition you will
- maintain a positive Federal police check
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Salem Lutheran Aged Care, comprising services at two separate locations in North and South Toowoomba, provides a total of 143 residential places to older Australians including a 14 room specialist dementia unit with a focus on community living and involvement.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.