The success of the Creative Activities and Arts Program, as well as the volunteer program, relies on the establishment of strong links between the incumbent and staff from all disciplines, volunteers, family members of residents and the wider community as well as with the residents.
This is a casual position which may include weekends as rostered
As Lifestyle and Creative Programs Facilitator you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the delivery of a high quality and joyful creative lifestyle program that provides meaningful and engaging activities across the service by –
- Supporting the assessment of resident’s creative interests, social /cultural history, emotional and spiritual needs;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group activities that engage with residents’ interests and desires;
- Supporting resident participation in activities (including assisting with mobility aides where needed) and empowering them to use and develop their skills and abilities;
- Evaluating program effectiveness and adjusting as appropriate;
• Working with the Coordinator to generate opportunities promoting and encouraging wider involvement in creative programs; and
• Recognising, seeking out and creating opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
In addition you will
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Located within a sprawling bush setting, Trinder Park Aged Care houses more than 200 residents in retirement village, nursing home or hostel accommodation and is supported by a team of committed and caring professionals.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.