Hotel Services Worker - Toowoomba
About the role
This is a part time position working 30 hours per fortnight.
As Hotel Services Worker you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the preparation of a quality meal service;
- Delivering the resident meal service;
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the interior of the service as directed;
- Providing exceptional customer service to residents;
- Collecting, cleaning, folding and distributing linen and residents clothing;
- Monitoring and ordering supplies of cleaning chemicals and equipment as required;
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, residents and other stakeholders.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- a customer service focus when delivering service to residents
- previous experience working in commercial catering and / or cleaning
In addition you will
- have previous experience with the use of chemical and cleaning equipment
- maintain a positive Federal police check
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Salem Lutheran Aged Care, comprising services at two separate locations in North and South Toowoomba, provides a total of 143 residential places to older Australians including a 14 room specialist dementia unit with a focus on community living and involvement.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Monday 24 July 2017.