Chef (Expressions of Interest) - Woodridge
About the Role
This casual position will predominantly work day shifts.
This role may include shifts on weekends.
As Chef you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and providing an innovative meal service to meet changing resident’s needs, as well as food safety and quality standards;
- Managing a quality meal service within budgetary limits as well as providing input into budget setting and identifying budgetary savings or service improvements when possible;
- Effectively and efficiently managing menu development, stock control, ordering, invoicing and operations of a sustainable imprest system;
- Managing food safety and quality systems, including regular audit and reporting processes and prompt rectification of identified shortfalls;
- Providing leadership and mentoring to kitchen services staff; and
- Managing the advancement and continued improvement of the food service.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience cooking / preparing meals for large groups of people within an aged care setting;
- experience in the operations of commercial kitchen equipment;
- effective and professional interpersonal skills;
- the ability to supervise and lead a small team within the operations of a large/complex catering service with minimal direction.
In addition you will
- possess a minimum AQF Cert IV (or equivalent Trade qualification);
- possess current Food Safety Certification;
- have experience within an aged care environment;
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver's licence.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Located within a sprawling bush setting, Trinder Park Aged Care houses more than 200 residents in retirement village, nursing home or hostel accommodation and is supported by a team of committed and caring professionals.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.