Physiotherapist - Tallebudgera
About the role
This is a part time position – 16 hours per fortnight, 4 hours per day, 2 days per week
As our Physiotherapist you will:
- Undertake resident assessments and implement appropriate therapy, rehabilitation and/or maintenance programs;
- Assess, document and evaluate programs and treatments;
- Provide complex pain management for residents, including therapeutic massage and the use of appropriate equipment;
- Contribute to, and participate in, education programs for residents, relatives and staff.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- experience in a similar position in particular working with aged clients
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
In addition you will
- possess relevant qualifications and registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Queensland
- have an understanding of issues experienced by elderly people, their families and carers
- be comfortable working in multi-site environments
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
It will be highly regarded if you possess knowledge of the equipment and services available in the aged care sector as well as the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
St Andrews Lutheran Aged Care provides accommodation for 72 residents as well as 24 independent living units within its stunning Tallebudgera Valley setting.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to email@example.com