Occupational Therapist | Physiotherapist - Buderim
About the role
This is a part time position, working 40 hours per fortnight.
As an Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist you will:
- Deliver competent Occupational / Physio Therapy clinical services in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards;
- Undertake routine and complex Occupational/ Physio Therapy tasks within well established clinical protocols;
- Apply senior clinical judgement to more complex clinical decision making under the clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of a more senior clinician;
- Lead and participate in quality and service improvement activities within Occupational / Physio Therapy to continually improve resident wellbeing;
- Provide high level clinical education pertaining to routine tasks for students and less experienced staff with the support of senior clinical staff;
- Provide direction and leadership to assistant and support staff.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience in a similar position
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
In addition you will
- possess a tertiary qualification in Occupational or Physio Therapy and maintain current AHPRA (Occupational Therapy) registration
- be comfortable working in multi-site environments
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
Experience within an aged care setting would be highly regarded.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Immanuel Gardens boasts a 60 bed hostel, 85 bed nursing home, 93 independent living units, as well as 31 home care packages. Located on the beautiful Buderim Mountain and just minutes away from Sunshine Coast’s beaches, Immanuel Gardens prides itself on providing optimal care to its many residents.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.