Cook - Tallebudgera
About the role
This is a part time position, working 5 days per fortnight (may include weekends)
As Cook you will:
- Provide an innovative meal service to meet resident needs;
- Provide varied, nourishing and aesthetically pleasing meals and snacks to residents that meet dietary needs and preferences;
- Promote a safe food environment;
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, residents and other stakeholders;
- Complete and maintain documentation as required;
- Contribute to the advancement of the food service.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- a customer service focus when delivering service to residents
- experience cooking / preparing meals for large groups using commercial kitchen equipment
- a working knowledge of food safety programs
- a commitment to the continuous improvement of meal services
In addition you
- will be comfortable working within a medium-sized team environment on a wide range of simultaneous tasks
- may possess an appropriate qualification
- will maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
It is highly desirable you
- have previous experience in an Aged Care environment
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
St Andrews Lutheran Aged Care provides a home to 72 residential aged care residents as well as 24 retirement village units within its stunning Tallebudgera Valley setting.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please refer all queries to email@example.com