Lifestyle and Creative Programs Facilitator – Laidley
About the role
The success of the Creative Activities and Lifestyle Program relies on the establishment of strong working relationships and links between the incumbent and staff from all disciplines, volunteers, family members of residents and the wider community as well as with the residents.
This is a part time position working 46 hours per fortnight, including some weekends.
Tabeel Lutheran Home, in Laidley, is seeking an enthusiastic Facilitator with a genuine interest in people to join their Lifestyle and Creative Programs team.
In this position you will:
- Support the assessment of residents' interests, social/cultural history, emotional and spiritual needs
- Develop and facilitate individual and group activities that engage with the resident' interest and desires;
- Support and empower residents to use and develop their skills and abilities;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and making changes and improvements as appropriate;
- Support the celebration and recognition of Volunteers
- Build a sense of community and establish connections with the service as well as with the wider community.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- Well developed skills in group facilitation and working one on one with clients
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative approach to providing tailored and meaningful activities for residents
- An interest or skill in one or more program activities: creative writing, storytelling, music, visual arts, outdoor recreational actives, dance, gardening or similar.
In addition you will
- Possess a degree or certificate IV in a Leisure & Lifestyle related area of study and/or another area of study which provides the individual with an understanding of human behaviour, relationships and/or the ageing process
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
Together, we make a difference
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Tabeel Lutheran Home provides an Ageing in Place environment for 78 residents whilst applying the principles of the Eden Alternative. Staff focus on residents needs, and encourage variety and spontaneity in the daily life of the Tabeel community. Tabeel also has 29 Independent Living Units.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.