Billing Officer - Aged Care - Milton
About the role
This is a full time position in our Finance Shared Service team based in Milton, Brisbane. The role would suit a candidate who has an understanding of the resident billing, bonds and government subsidies processes.
The Billing Officer - Aged Care will:
- Assist in the development of efficient centralised processes for resident billing, bonds, and government subsidies in order to maximise LCC’s revenue streams;
- Assist with managing the resident related financial accounts, including providing advice and guidance on all aspects of resident documentation, billing and bonds;
- Establish and process direct debits, prepare periodic resident billing, distribute invoices and statements, submit and process electronic events to Medicare, calculate bond refunds, receipt cheques and deposits and record ACFI assessments;
- Complete regular reconciliation of Government Subsidies;
- Provide full function accounts receivable processing, including bank reconciliations, cashflow reporting, debtors, and standing journals;
- Provide backup support to other team members as required;
- Demonstrate strong customer service focus with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships;
- Support other related activities as requested.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- experience in a similar position
- sound knowledge of Accounts Receivable and billing processes preferably in an aged care or health sector environment
- a strong customer service focus
- strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- efficient and accurate data entry skills
In addition you
- have experience working in either the Aged Care or Health Care sector and be familiar with the resident billing process;
- will be comfortable working in a team environment;
- may posses a formal qualification in accounts administration or accounting
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental. Our Milton office is located close to Park Road shops and all forms of public transport.
Our Support Centre, located in Milton, provides specialist advice to our services in areas such as finance, human resources, corporate communications, information technology as well as clinical governance.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.