Grounds and Maintenance Officer - Laidley
About the Role
This is a part time position working 50 hours per fortnight.
As Grounds and Maintenance Officer you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the gardens and grounds within the service as directed;
- Ensuring equipment and garden materials are utilised in a responsible and safe manner;
- Undertaking day to day operations of the maintenance department in line with schedule of works;
- Undertaking projects and grounds and maintenance works as directed;
- Liaising with external professionals including contractors and trades staff as required; and
- Monitoring supplies of chemicals and equipment.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- previous experience working in commercial grounds keeping and knowledge of seasonal plantings
- basic knowledge of facility maintenance
- basic computer skills
- a customer service focus in maintenance and grounds keeping services
In addition you
- may possess an MR licence and / or relevant trade qualification
- will maintain a positive Federal police check and Australian driver’s licence
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any of offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Tabeel Lutheran Home provides an Ageing in Place environment for 78 residents whilst applying the principles of the Eden Alternative. Staff focus on residents needs, and encourage variety and spontaneity in the daily life of the Tabeel community. Tabeel also has 29 Independent Living Units.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
LCC operates 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1400 staff and several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the below personal details and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to email@example.com.