About the role
We have opportunities for casual Support Workers, you must be available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
About the role;
The Support Worker is responsible for:
- Delivering services for clients at home and in the community as outlined in the Personal Independence Plan including –
- Supporting clients to complete identified tasks
- Guiding clients in the re-enablement of agreed tasks
- Completing agreed tasks on behalf of clients including providing domestic assistance;
- Contributing to assessments of the client’s goals, interests and needs;
- Assisting the service coordinator to maintain appropriate communication with carers and family members nominated by the client;
- Adhering to risk mitigation procedures and bring new risks to the attention of the service coordinator;
- Advising the service coordinator of significant changes in the client’s capacity and/or if the client requests a different service mix;
- Maintaining accurate comprehensive case notes; and
- Undertaking administrative duties associated with the role.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- a high level of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- a commitment to client confidentiality
- strong time management skills
- a teamwork focus with a hands on approach
In addition you
- Will have obtained a Certificate III in Individual Support
- will maintain a positive Federal police check and Australian driver’s licence
- may possess previous experience in aged care, as well as a First Aid Certificate
You will be respectful and responsive to clients needs and willing to work with non-traditional approaches to service delivery for older people. Tasks will include washing, cleaning, gardening, shopping, operating a computer, driving and personal care.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
- Established in 1993, St Paul’s Lutheran Aged Care Village offers Ageing in Place to 61 residents as well 37 independent living units. St Paul’s prides itself on providing a holistic approach to the health and wellbeing of its residents.
- Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
- Lutheran Services operates 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1350 staff and several hundred volunteers.
- Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any of offer of employment.
To view a position description or to apply for this position, please visit our website http://www.lutheranservices.org.au/careers/. To discuss this role further please email firstname.lastname@example.org.