Lifestyle and Volunteer Coordinator - Tallebudgera
About the role
This is a part time position
As Lifestyle and Volunteer Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Assess individual residents’ needs with regard to their health, interests, social/cultural history and spiritual needs;
- Plan, implement and review individual activities with reference to assessed needs and preferences in collaboration with each resident;
- Liaise with the Creative Arts and Activities Coordinator for the coordination, implementation and evaluation of programs and activities;
- Initiate, coordinate, implement and evaluate resident group activity programs and events;
- Maintain appropriate documentation and care plans
- Monitor Lifestyle Team responsibilities to ensure programs achieve positive outcomes
- Undertake the recruitment, induction and allocation of suitable volunteers;
- Ensure volunteers receive regular supervision and are provided with training as required;
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, including external volunteer service providers;
- Manage the recognition and celebration of volunteer contributions.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective leadership and management of a team;
- superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-one;
- energy and confidence to establish strong links with others.
In addition you will have
- a Diploma in Leisure and Lifestyle (higher)
- working knowledge of contemporary aged care diversional therapy activities
- be able to motivate and inspire others as well as lead and manage change;
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence.
You would also benefit from
- having led volunteers and/or having been a volunteer;
- having an affinity with older people.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
St Andrews Lutheran Aged Care provides accommodation for 72 residents as well as 24 independent living units within its stunning Tallebudgera Valley setting.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.