About the role
This is a casual position, opportunity for permanent hours in the future.
As Hotel Services Worker you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the interior of the service as directed;
- Contributing to the preparation of a quality meal service;
- Delivering the resident meal service;
- Providing exceptional customer service to residents;
- Collecting, cleaning, folding and distributing linen and residents clothing;
- Monitoring and ordering supplies of cleaning chemicals and equipment as required;
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, residents and other stakeholders.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- a customer service focus when delivering service to residents
In addition you will
- have previous experience with the use of chemical and cleaning equipment
- maintain a positive Federal police check
It is highly desirable you
- have previous experience working in commercial catering, laundry and / or cleaning within an aged care environment
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Established in 1993, St Paul’s Lutheran Aged Care Village offers Ageing in Place to 61 residents as well 37 independent living units. St Paul’s prides itself on providing a holistic approach to the health and wellbeing of its residents.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email specific queries to email@example.com.