About the Role
Join our team on a 6 month contract working 40 hours per fortnight
Monday to Thursday 9am to 2:30pm
As our Admissions and Administration Officer you will:
- Act as an initial point of contact for prospective residents and their families;
- Book site tours for prospective residents, providing information about aged care costs and associated fees, managing the admissions process from initial enquiry to move-in;
- Act as a key contract and support person for families and residents during the transition to residential care living;
- Manage resident waitlists and follow-ups accordingly to optimise occupancy;
- Report financial performance to monthly management meeting;
- Liaise with Quality Officer and Workplace Health and Safety Officer as required;
- Provide training, supervision and direction to administrative staff;
- Manage all Medicare and My Aged care uploading, downloading and updating;
- Actively participate in the marketing, advertising and events in promotion of Immanuel Gardens.
- Act as reception and administration relief as required;
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- a high level of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- strong organisation and time management skills
- a teamwork focus with a hands on approach
In addition you
- will have previous experience in a similar role
- will maintain a positive Federal police check and Australian driver’s licence
Immanuel Gardens boasts a 60 bed hostel, 85 bed nursing home, 93 independent living units, as well as 31 home care packages. Located on the beautiful Buderim Mountain and just minutes away from Sunshine Coast’s beaches, Immanuel Gardens prides itself on providing optimal care to its many residents.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.