Creative Programs and Volunteer Coordinator - Tallebudgera
Enjoy benefits including ongoing training and career development, a friendly and professional team environment whilst working a stones throw from south Gold Coast’s stunning beaches.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with the sites senior management team to provide best outcome for our residents.
About the role
This is a part time position working 40 hours per fortnight.
As Creative Programs and Volunteer Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Deliver a high quality, innovative and responsive creative lifestyle program that provides meaningful and engaging activities for residents in all areas of the service.
- Provide strong and effective leadership for members of the creative programs team;
- Recognise, seek out and create opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community;
- Maintain records that support effective service delivery and meet accreditation requirements;
- Lead and manage all aspects of the volunteer program by -
- Preparing and implementing St Andrews plan for volunteer development, including identifying new volunteer opportunities and projects,
- Ensuring volunteers feel valued, strongly recognised and fully engaged,
- Building community links that encourage a wide range of volunteer participation,
- Managing recruitment, training and orientation, role allocation, mentoring and supervision,
- Ensuring all volunteers maintain up-to-date police checks.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective leadership and management of a team;
- superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-one;
- energy and confidence to establish strong links with others.
In addition you will
- Experience leading the development, implementation and evaluation of creative programs and events
- The ability to motivate and inspire others as well as lead and manage change;
- A positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
- St Andrews Lutheran Aged Care provides accommodation for 72 residents as well as 24 independent living units within its stunning Tallebudgera Valley setting;
- Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
- Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com