About the role
We are looking for a creative individual to join our Lifestyle and Creative Programs team. This is a dynamic role in which you will facilitate meaningful events and activities which will engage our residents, their families, our volunteers and the broader community. This is a part-time position, which may include occasional weekend work.
As our successful applicant you will be responsible for;
- Supporting the delivery of a high quality and joyful creative lifestyle program that provides meaningful and engaging activities across the service by –
- Supporting the assessment of resident’s interests, social /cultural history, emotional and spiritual needs;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group activities that engage with residents’ interests and desires;
- Supporting resident participation in activities (including assisting with mobility aides where needed) and empowering them to use and develop their skills and abilities;
- Evaluating program effectiveness and adjusting as appropriate;
- Working with the Coordinator to generate opportunities promoting and encouraging wider involvement in creative programs; and
- Recognising, seeking out and creating opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- a high degree of self motivation
- effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-one
- capability to establish and maintain strong links with others, including a strong commitment to volunteers and volunteer programs.
Tabeel Lutheran Aged Care provides an Ageing in Place environment for 85 residents whilst applying the principles of the Eden Alternative. Staff focus on residents needs, and encourage variety and spontaneity in the daily life of the Tabeel community. Tabeel also has 29 Independent Living Units.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.